Using and Sharing Open Access Content: Creative Commons Licenses Online
Learn how to get, collaborate on, and share open access research or creative content with Creative Commons (CC) licences. Whether you need images for a presentation, are seeking information to inform your own research, or want to mix sounds into new music, Creative Commons licences enable you to access and share with a greatly expanding, global body of work. In this workshop you will find out what the Creative Commons is and how to use CC licences. We will practice working with CC content and look at the ramifications of applying different licences to our own work. We will also explore some useful tools for finding CC-licensed work.
In this workshop, participants will:
- Understand how Creative Commons licences function in conjunction with copyright
- Discover sources of open access, CC-licenced works
- Experiment with using CC licences, including proper attributions
(Image source: Creative Commons Kiwi, Creativecommons.org, CC BY)
- Tuesday, October 26, 2021
- 9:30am - 11:00am
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.